2017 was a very busy year for the IPRA and the organisation continues to grow from strength to strength.
Hopefully you have already received your hard copy of our New Forecourt News Magazine but if not please let us know and we will stick one in the post to you. This can also be viewed online if you click here (please feel free to distribute to anyone else you think may welcome a read). https://ipra.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ForecourtNewsDecember2017LR.pdf
- This year has been an uphill battle dealing with Government policy, they seem to be oblivious to the needs of the small retailer. The proposed new Alcohol Bill (2015) is an example where the IPRA has been able to work with a number of other bodies to lobby for a more favourable outcome regarding the display of alcohol. A special thanks to IPRA member Declan Cronin for joining the IPRA in attending stakeholder discussions with the Department of Health. As always we will keep you updated on this important issue affecting your trade.
- Another major issue has arisen due to the revaluation of businesses for rates – the IPRA has a barrister reviewing the legislation with a view to challenging this and will again keep you updated as this issue progresses. Remember, every county is being revalued so this issue impacts all station owners – even if you have not been revalued to date.
- Our Forecourt Retail Exhibition in City West in September was opened by Minister for Transport Shane Ross and was a great success. Our next Forecourt exhibition will be held on the 14th March 2019 at the same venue.
- We also made representations to the Department of Finance against the much discussed proposal to increase the duty on Diesel road fuel and ran a successful petition (with the help of all member stores that participated) and were delighted to see our hard work pay off with the budget outcome.
- We launched our new website in December and we continue to look to improve for ways to improve the user experience and we would welcome any comments/suggestions.
- As part of our effort to protect your business and investment we will register all legal car washes on our new website www.irishcarwash.ie. We are looking to partner with the industry to weed out illegal car washes.
Any association is only as good as its members and we are privileged to represent retailers in every county in the Republic of Ireland. We welcome new members and we are asking existing members to nominate one potential fuel retailer to join the association.
If you know of a retailer you would like to nominate for membership, please send their details to firstname.lastname@example.org This will help us to continue to grow and support our industry.
If you have not already done so please check out our new website at www.ipra.ie and if you have any issues accessing pricing etc. please contact us straight away. We will continue to lobby on your behalf and if there are any issues that you need help on please do not hesitate to get in contact especially if there is anything for 2018 that you would like us to tackle.
Finally, the IPRA would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2018.